0

2012 in recap


So, it's been a while, or a year or two, since my last post.
But, first of all, I would like to wish you a Happy New Year!!
I'm not really sure that I still have a reader for my blog though.

First of all, 2012 is really such a year for me! In this year, I've met several amazing people.
One of my dreams is came true, that's awesome!
So, in 2012, finally me and my friend Mewox, have our first dance event. And I'm really proud of it.
We established Move'tivation (if you're a dancer in Indonesia, you might know what is it), an organizer where we invite a world known dancer and have them to teach a class in Surabaya.
And for 2012, we have Pat Cruz and Jekajane from Movement Lifestyle, USA.
They're such a humble and kind person, we really have a lot of fun with them, and hopefully give them a good impression of Indonesia.
We have them for 5 days, but unfortnately we can't show them Surabaya much since they got jetlagged and then Pat got sick on the last day. So he stay at the apartment whole day in bed *feel realy sorry for him*.
I think he got sick due to lack of sleep and food.. He slept in the morning and woke up by noon (so jetlagged), and everytime we asked him if he wants something to eat or was he hungry, he always reply "I'm good".
He only ate like twice a day, and not much.
But in the other hand, Jeka is very energetic, she plays, chat, tease and etc :)
(Pat is more mature)

The event is quite success, but not fully booked. Seems like Jeka and Pat is not really well known in Indonesia, I wonder why.
Ans we were really struggling back there, finacially.
There were only the two of us, and we have to find sponsor, hotel, flight, etc.
In the end, we can't even reach a balance (yes, we loss quite a lot).
But that's kinda worth it, and we're going to hold this anually.

Inviting an overseas dancer is really something. Especially if they are so so famous...
Such as Shaun Evaristo (we still unable to reach him) and Lyle Beniga (we can reach him, but can't match the schedule yet, hopefully we can make it for another time).
They have a really high rate and have a minimum class to teach.
But we will work hard to have another great dancer this year!!

These are several dancer that comes in mind for this year event
Puswood
Tony Tzar
Lyle Beniga (but you know the schedule doesn't match)
Rie Hata

0 comments:

Back to Top